Back in 2013-2014, DECA advisors from Nashua and Hillsboro, New Hampshire began a program for New Hampshire’s 8th graders. In 2019 the sixth Middle School state conference took place on March 14th, at New England College in Henniker. It was an exciting educational event with marketing and business skills demonstrated in group projects and written exams. Fun and skill developing at the same time! Due to the virus concerns, we had to cancel the 2020 Middle School event, but we hope to have one in real or virtual format for 2021. Stand by for details.
New Hampshire DECA is hopeful that the middle schools will continue to participate in the future, and keep the events going year to year!
Schools that have participated in New Hampshire Middle Schools DECA activities in the past six years:
- Hillsboro-Deering Middle School - Hillsboro NH
- Bedford Middle School - Bedford NH
- Fairgrounds Middle School - Nashua NH
- Pennichuck Middle School - Nashua NH
- Weare Middle School - Weare, NH
When available, 8th Grade DECA students are able to participate in some of these high school activities including:
- *NH DECA Fall Leadership Conference
- *DECA Virtual Business Challenge
- *DECA Stock Market Challenge
- *State Career Development Conference (when activities for MS students available)
- *State Middle School DECA Conference (not currently scheduled for 2020)
Activities at middle school events are business, marketing, and entrepreneurship oriented. Students have participated in case studies, team building, group marketing projects, business trivia challenges, and a number of other fun and educational events.
For more information contact:
New Hampshire DECA